Thursday 2 October 2014

One Year On As An Artiste...


This month is a special one for me as it marks one year since I've been beautifying clients. I qualified as a Make Up Artiste two years ago but as I was expecting at the time I decided to focus on my pregnancy and impending motherhood (as no one explained the joys of morning sickness and having to roll out of bed...sober.) When my son was a few months old I then decided I could manage being a mother and a makeup artist and successfully juggle the two - as this is key! At this time my sister-in-law pushed me by creating social media accounts and a business image for myself, which anyone starting a business will tell you it is the foundation to a successful one! I'm so glad she helped me out as the combination of managing a newborn and sleepless nights takes it toll on your creativity and as any new mother will tell you it isn't at the top of your list to do anything for yourself.

The last year has consisted of me getting myself out as a brand and recognised in this ever evolving industry. In January, I completed another course to refresh my skills and add bridals to my portfolio, this gave me the confidence to take on more bookings. The result of this meant my name was being recommended amongst clients as my portfolio grew and grew with experience in different areas such as Bridal and occasional. 

Thank you to everyone who has helped me along the way, to be where I'm at right now within a year is pretty good and I can't wait to see what happens in the next year or so. Also thank you to everyone who reads my posts and follows my experience through my social media accounts, your feedback means a lot! 


No comments:

Post a Comment