Thursday 30 October 2014

Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick



Aside from liquid foundations I thought I would try something different on my face. Viola I happened to come across this foundation stick at the Bobbi Brown counter and thought I would give it a go. Ladies I can only say good things about this product, not only is the product buildable, it doesn’t leave any streaks when applied and buffed onto the skin, furthermore the creamy texture (due to the shea butter and olive extracts) means you are not dragging the product across your face either.
 
* “It’s creamy yet weightless texture blends seamlessly so it perfectly mimics the look of healthy skin”

This is the perfect foundation if, like me, you dislike the feel and appearance of foundation on the skin. The new formula glides on nicely leaving a really natural finish that is light and breathable.
Unfortunately when I was colour matched using this foundation, the makeup artist at the counter was a tad heavy handed so it looked and felt like an orange mask – So Not Attractive. Nevertheless, I trusted my instincts, took it home and tried it with a lighter hand and a good brush, building up coverage using thin layers which is what I'd recommend.
It also lasted a fair amount of time (still looked good after 13 hours) on my combination skin.
I'd recommend going to a shop if you can to get shade matched and stick to your guns. I have an almond complexion with a yellow undertone (my shade is Warm Tan, 4.5) and for some reason the makeup artists in stores like to go a shade too light or a shade too dark on my skin. Know your colour and your undertone and don't be afraid to say no if you feel it's too light or too dark. I tend to walk out of the store towards natural light and then check my face, as the lighting in department stores won't do you justice!
I purchased the Foundation stick from House of Fraser at £29.00, which came in slightly cheaper than other brands that I have used in the past.

TOP TIP: After moisturising your face and applying your normal primer; lightly apply across forehead, cheeks, nose, and chin. Blend with a good foundation brush, I would recommend the Real Techniques buffing brush, as this is what I use.

This is definitely my new Holy Grail product, and I've already recommended it with confidence to family and friends!

*Quoted from the Bobbi Brown website

No comments:

Post a Comment