Friday 19 June 2015

Facial scrub of the month


So I'm totally loving my Clarins Scrub this month...I've only been using it about once a week for the past 6 months, but I can tell the difference in appearance immediately and my face is soft to the touch.

Ingredients such as Moringa seed extract and Orange extracts help to detoxify and remove dead skin as well as refreshing and reviving the skin.

I used to be a hardcore microdermabrasion fan but having a busy lifestyle whilst looking after my son meant I couldn't go to a salon and have some me time so ladies this is the next best thing for me.

I’ve been playing around with a few scrubs lately and at the moment the Clarins One Step Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser is on my radar so let’s talk about it together?

Jump!

Although Clarins totes this as a cleanser you’ll want to use it as an exfoliating treatment maybe once or twice a week depending on your skin type. In other words, don’t rely on it as a cleanser for daily use even though it has “cleanser” in the name. If you have oily skin you can probably easily use it daily, but for those with dry skin don’t attempt it as it may end up making your skin even drier.

The product comes in a squeeze tube and contains orange extract which promises to soften skin. The orange extract gives the product a sweet orange scent however, if you’re sensitive to fragrance in your skincare it could prove irritating it really depends on the individual.

The formula is a thick gel cream like consistency with tiny scrubbing grains a lot like the Origins Modern Friction but a little thicker. To use; you simply wet your face and massage a small amount onto your face avoiding the delicate eye area. It’ll slowly work into a lather and you can rinse.

I found the results are instant so my face indeed feels smoother and less dull after a single use. As an exfoliating treatment it proves to be one of the less stripping for my skin. After use I feel a slight tightness on my face but nothing dramatic and nothing that my night time moisturising regime can't cure.

I liked this exfoliater a fair bit and think it’s safe to say it's become a staple in my skincare kit. I’ve been having on and off again love affairs with a good deal of exfoliaters lately and this happens to be at the top of my love list at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment