Wednesday 16 September 2015

Spa Treat

                                 



                              



.
  

                               


As a late birthday present, I was treated to a Spa day at the Health Club and Spa at St George's Park in Burton Upon Trent by my Cousin, Mum and Aunt. I've been to a good few Spa days and stay overs in the past few years so I tend to be a tad fussy with regards to the facilities etc.
Soon as we arrived at the Spa reception we were greeted and once all the formalities were dealt with, we were seated at the juice bar where you could help yourself to complimentary drinks and snacks throughout the day. (I was impressed with this as all the spas I've been to don't tend to include this added extra)

I was booked onto the Comfort and Harmony package which included a 45 minute treatment out of a selected few and also a light lunch.

The assistant manager (Sarah) greeted us with the welcome ritual...we were given a steamed flannel each and then asked to select one (without knowing which is which) Aromasoul and Tranquility oil which we liked out of the four that were in front of us, the choices being Oriental, Mediterranean, Indian and Arabian.

I chose the Mediterranean essential oil which was a blend of Basil, Bergamot, Star Anise, Oregano, Orange, Lemon and Mandarin (yes quite a variety)!
As I had selected it unknowingly I was surprised that it matched my physical and emotional needs at that point. The blend is known to;
  1. Improve circulation and lymphatic flow
  2. Relieve headaches and sinus
  3. Good for emotional stress and needing to let go

I was then told by Sarah that this oil would be incorporated into any treatments that I was booked on for the day.
As part of the Comfort and Harmony package I was booked onto the 'Comfort Touch Back Massage'. This comprised of a massage focusing on muscular tension and stress on the back, it was quite relaxing indeed. The treatment lasted 45 minutes, this included the preparation, consultation and the treatment itself.

I purchased a Signature Treatment called the 'Energy Fountain' which consisted of a whole body exfoliation followed by being cocooned in warm mineral enriched mud. A tad sticky situation until I showered off the mud, however it was so worth it, my skin was super soft and I was feeling very refreshed!
The treatment lasted 60 minutes, this included the preparation, consultation and the treatment itself.
I would highly recommend the Energy Fountain treatment, I've had a mud wrap before but this one exceeded my expectations.


I would like to say a special thanks to Sarah (Assistant Spa Manager) and Chloe (Massage Therapist).

No comments:

Post a Comment